Digital labels for short runs can now be ordered with ease and at a lower cost than ever before thanks to modern technology. Large mechanical flexographic printing presses are used for traditional label printing.
In order to make rubber lubricant label printing plates, these presses need the artwork to be printed on film. After that, these plates are attached to the presses, inks are mixed, and the machine is manually calibrated to each job’s specifics.
Digital label printing equipment of today
It is vastly different, eliminating all of the aforementioned tasks! There are numerous advantages to eliminating these steps over flexographic label printing, including: quicker turnaround and delivery; minimal requirements; There are no die or plate fees; superior quality; printing with four colors; and plenty more!
The primary advantages for customers
- Speed of Delivery: Digital printing speeds up the production of labels by reducing the need for plates and the time it takes to set up the press. In most cases, this means that labels can be made in minutes rather than hours. This is especially true for jobs with multiple colors (a four-color process), which can necessitate running the same label through the press multiple times to finish.
- Better Pricing: Again, the actual cost per label is much lower because digital printing does not require the creation of printing plates and each job takes less time to set up.
- Low Minimums: Customers can get labels in quantities as small as one and as large as 25,000 from digital label printing at prices that are very affordable. Digital labels can also be made in virtually any size without the need for a die.
- High-quality, picture-perfect tags from labels and printing company for lubricants are the result of digital printing on each and every label order! With no banding or gear marks like with traditional label printing, digital printing technology produces labels that are vibrant and rich.
Ordering perfect 4-color process (photographic) labels is made simple by digital printing. Digitally printed labels are always made from a mixture of four colors—cyan, magenta, yellow, and black—in contrast to flexographic printing, which typically uses single or spot colors. Because customers don’t have to worry about submitting artwork with photos or other artwork with multiple colors, this process makes things easier for them!
For wine bottle labels, health and beauty packaging/labels, food labels, bath and body labels, and/or any other product where the label itself can be used to enhance the product’s appeal, digitally printed labels are an excellent choice. This is because digitally printed labels have a higher line-screen than traditional flexographic labels, which typically have 133 or 150 lines instead of 230 or 230 lines. This results in a significant difference in the label’s clarity, vividness, detail, and color.
Capabilities for Digital Printing
The use of specialized digital presses and laser print engines made it possible to design and print labels in a variety of ways:
- Large Color Spectrum: Manufacturers were able to offer personalized digital labels in a variety of colors thanks to the use of digital presses. Customers can now select from one to seven spot color labels. Additionally, manufacturers can provide labels with a four-color process.
- Different Materials: Manufacturers have used digital technology to create labels that are stronger and last longer. Customers can now receive a wide range of specialized materials, such as vinyl, polyester, foils, matte, gloss, static clings, and so on.
- Different Sizes and Shapes to Choose From: The simplicity of advanced printing has additionally accounted for marks of different shapes and sizes to be made. Previously, labels could only be found in square or rectangular shapes; now, label manufacturers can produce labels as large as 10 inches by 15 inches. Oval and round labels are now available from manufacturers. Different plans incorporate heart molded, creature shapes, and, surprisingly, the American banner and Woman Freedom.
- Varnish and Protective Laminates: Labels can be made by manufacturers that resist moisture, are scratch-resistant, and can be used in harsh environments. This is because protective varnishes and laminates were used. Additionally, manufacturers make certain that the laminates’ appearance and feel enhance the labels’ aesthetic appeal.
Benefits of Digital Labels
Choosing digital labels for industrial and commercial applications offers customers a number of advantages.
- Size Options for Orders: Label manufacturers are able to fulfill orders of any size thanks to the ease and speed of digital printing. A modern client can request a little request of 50 marks or even enormous orders of 2,000 names or more.
- Reduced Time to Production: Label manufacturers are able to deliver labels in as little as two to three days, regardless of their size. As a result, label manufacturers are able to fulfill urgent orders within short deadlines.
- Huge Savings: The use of costly dies and plates by label manufacturers was a major contributor to the high cost of printing. Labels can now be printed without the use of dies or plates thanks to the development of variable printing technology and digital printers. Printing setup fees and overall costs have both decreased significantly as a result.
- Printing of a High Quality: Digital printing can produce labels with high-resolution images, clarity, and aesthetic appeal that will enhance the client’s business, regardless of whether the customer requires colorful graphics, clear texts, or specialized fonts.
- Greater adaptability: Advanced mark printing offers the adaptability to continually enhance name plans without the problem of additional use. In order to maintain a competitive edge in the market, designs can be revised for future use.
Thanks to variable printing technology and laser print engines, the label manufacturing industry that gets food packaging sticker label has made significant progress in the development of novel labels. As a result, digital label printing emerged as the most recent answer to the substantial demand for custom-printed labels.
In conclusion, the entire world is digital. Label manufacturers quickly came to the conclusion that they needed to stake a stake in the ground as well. In order to meet the shifting requirements of their customers, they began producing digital labels.